THE WELSH CORGI LEAGUE
REVISED RULES 2014
The League shall be called the WELSH CORGI LEAGUE.
1. To create and maintain worldwide interest in and to encourage the breeding, exhibiting and training the Welsh Corgi Pembroke in accordance with the Standards adopted by the Kennel Club.
2. To assist Members to co-operate in the best interests of the Breed.
3. To form Sections and Sub-sections in suitable areas for the furthering of the interests of the Breed and the League.
CONSTITUTION AND MANAGEMENT
1. The League shall consist of an unlimited number of members whose names and addresses shall be kept by the Secretary and Treasurer. Membership Lists will be available for inspection by the Members and the Kennel Club on request.
2. Annual Subscriptions due 1st January. The annual subscription shall be such amount as agreed by Members in General Meeting and notified to the Kennel Club. Candidates for membership shall be accepted on payment of subscription. Each Member, 18 years of age and over shall be entitled to one vote immediately on acceptance of membership. Members under 18 years of age shall not be entitled to vote. Any Member in arrears with his/her subscription shall, after a reminder, cease to be a Member of the League.
3. The affairs and management of the League shall be conducted by an Executive Committee consisting of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and ten committee members plus additional members as provided for in Rule 7 – Section Rules.
4. The election of the Executive Committee shall be conducted as early as possible each year by postal ballot, nominations shall be called for by the Secretary by such date as he shall determine.
ALL nominations shall be signed by two Members of the League other than the nominee – whose consent must be obtained in writing. When Members are standing for re-election their attendance at the previous year s committee meetings shall be recorded on the ballot papers, but the Secretary shall intimate when non-attendance has been due to unavoidable causes.
5. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee shall be elected by the Committee from amongst its elected Members and, with the Committee, take office from the Annual General Meeting.
6. The Chairperson shall only have a casting vote and may hold office for a period of up to a maximum of 5 years
7. The Secretary, Treasurer and Auditor shall be appointed annually by the Executive Committee and appointments confirmed at the AGM.
8. Nominations from Members for President shall be invited and election made by secret ballot at the AGM He/she may hold Office for a period not exceeding three consecutive years.
9. Vice-Presidents to be limited in number to 10 at any time, and to be decided before the Annual General Meeting with confirmation at the Annual General Meeting.
10. Honorary Life Members may be elected by the AGM for services rendered to the Breed and League.
11. All officers and members of the committee shall retire annually but shall be eligible for re-election.
12. Seven shall form a quorum at any committee meeting of which 14 days notice has been given by the Secretary. Committee meetings shall be called by post.
13. In the event of an emergency arising an Emergency Committee shall be formed consisting of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman or Secretary and those Committee members most easily available to form a Quorum – to settle all matters pertaining thereto.
14. The property of the League shall be vested in the Committee, which shall have powers to make necessary by-laws, arbitrate in disputed matters, and to proceed against any Member or persons to recover any arrears of subscription or any other monies or property belonging to the League.
The Committee shall have power to deal with any question not provided for by the Rules also to fill any vacancy, if thought necessary, in their number, such selection being confirmed at the first General Meeting ensuing.
15. A Banking Account shall be opened in the name of the League into which all revenues of the League shall be paid and from which withdrawals shall only be made on the signature of two Officers, one of which shall be the Treasurer.
16. The financial year shall end on the 31st December each year.
17. An Annual General Meeting shall be held early in each year. The Committee shall have the power to call additional General Meetings at any time deemed necessary in the interests of the League: or on a requisition signed by 25 Members of the League, the Secretary shall call such a meeting.
At least twenty-one days notice shall be given of all General Meetings which shall be called by intimation from the Secretary through the Canine Press. The notices calling any extra General Meetings shall clearly specify the exact business thereof, to which alone discussion shall be confined.
18. Notice of any proposed alterations in the Rules and Constitution of the League must be lodged in writing at least 35 days before the General Meeting, such notice of which must clearly define the proposed alterations or additions and bear the Proposer’s and Seconder’s names.
19. No alterations or additions to the Rules shall become valid until sanction has been obtained from the Kennel Club.
20. All Championship Shows shall be run by the Executive Committee with the co-operation of the Section Committee in whose area the Show is to be held.
21. In the event of the League ceasing to exist the Committee shall have the power to dispose of the Trophies then in the possession of the League as they think fit.
22. Any Member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club Rule A42j(4) and/or any member whose dog(s) is/are disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42j(8) shall ipso facto cease to be a Member of the League for the duration of the suspension and/or disqualification.
If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the League be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interest of the League, the Committee of the League may, at a meeting the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the League shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her.
Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused Member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and hour of the Meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the Meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by a two-thirds majority of the Members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of Members, and he/she shall thereupon cease for all purposes to be a Member of the League except that he/she may, within two calendar months from the date of such Meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such condition as the Kennel Club may impose.
23. ANNUAL RETURNS TO THE KENNEL CLUB – The Officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year Maintenance of Title fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by the Secretary for the continuance of registration and that by the 31st July each year other returns as stipulated in Kennel Club regulations will be forwarded to the Kennel Club. The Officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any change of the Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
24. Members shall recognise the Kennel Club as the final court of appeal in all matters of dispute and shall be willing to abide by all the Rules and Regulations laid down by the Kennel Club.
25. The League shall not join any Federation of Societies or Clubs.
26. No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the Committee of or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.
SECTION AND SUB-SECTION RULES.
1. Any Member of the League resident in the United Kingdom shall be ipso facto a Member of the Section and Sub-section if any, most conveniently situated to his or her place of residence, and shall be entitled to partake in all activities of that Section
2. Sections shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the League, and shall in all matters be subject to the rulings of the Executive Committee.
3. Each Section/Sub-section shall elect its own Committee which shall not exceed 14 and 12 in number respectively, and shall conduct its own domestic affairs. Election shall be by postal ballot held as early in the year as possible and nominations shall be called for and voting carried out in the same manner as for the Executive Committee.
4. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman of each Section Committee shall be elected by the Committee concerned from amongst its elected Members and, with the Committee, take Office from the Annual General Meeting.
5. The Chairperson shall only have a casting vote and may hold Office for a period not exceeding three consecutive years.
6. The Secretary, Treasurer and Auditor of each Section shall be appointed annually by the Committee and the appointment confirmed at the Annual General Meeting.
(Rules 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 shall also apply to Sub-sections)
7. Each Section Committee shall have the right to appoint one Member to sit on the Executive Committee, this shall be either the Chairman or the Secretary and they will represent the Section absolutely, and record their vote in accordance with the Section’s wishes and instructions. Similarly a Sub-section shall have the right to appoint one Member to sit on its Section Committee.
8. Section Secretaries shall forward copies of Minutes of all Section General and Committee meetings to the Executive Secretary as soon as possible after such meetings are held. Similarly Sub-section Secretaries shall forward copies of Minutes to their Section Secretary and the Executive Secretary.
9. Sections shall run their own Open and Members Shows, with the approval of the Executive Committee. They shall not pledge the Credit of the League in any way without written consent of the Executive Committee.
10. An Annual General Meeting of each Section/Sub-section shall be held each year. The Committee shall have the power to call additional General Meetings at any time deemed necessary in the interests of the Section: or on a requisition signed by ten Members of the Section concerned. Twenty-one days notice shall be given of all General Meetings which shall be called by intimation from the Secretary through the Canine Press. The notice calling any extra General Meeting shall clearly specify the business thereof, to which alone, discussion shall be confined.
11. The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer of the Executive Committee shall be ipso facto members of all Section/Sub-section Committees.
12. In the event of an emergency arising an Emergency Committee shall be formed consisting of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and the two Committee Members most easily available to settle all matters appertaining thereto.